Mrs. Astra King is a registered clinical psychologist with over two decades of clinical experience.
Mrs. King has a background in disability services with interest in the area of intellectual disability, genetic disorders, autism and related disorders. Other acquired skills include an Advanced Certificate in Family Therapy, Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural interventions, including Rational Emotive Therapy/ Acceptance commitment therapy (ACT). Mrs. King has completed a Masters in clinical psychology and is a registered supervisor.
Astra King is in private practice in Malvern and Frankston, Victoria and is an NDIS Registered service provider.
She has a general psychological practice as well as working as a consultant clinical psychologist for 361 Consulting Suites, who specialise in Neuro-developmental disorders across the life span.
Astra also works with the Fragile X Alliance Victoria who specialise in a genetic condition which causes a wide range of functional difficulties and disability. Previously Astra King has also worked part time as an employee of The Melbourne Clinic as designer and facilitator of the Adult AD/HD group program.
A psychologists is a professional who is skilled in understanding people, relationships, emotions, thinking, and behaviour. All psychologists at ADHD & ASD Melbourne are registered with the Psychologist Board of the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Authority (AHPRA) which allows them to practice in Australia as a psychologist.
The psychologists at Astra King & Assoc. also have specialty knowledge to assist those individuals diagnosed with Neuro-developmental disorders. “Neuro-developmental disorder” is a broad term that refers to a range of disorders that began in early childhood (“developmental”), centred around brain differences (“neuro”) causing problems in functioning.
The psychologists are able to assist with all the frequently reported problems in modern life, such as:
- Anxiety and anxiety related disorders (social anxiety, obsessive –compulsive disorder, generalised anxiety disorder, phobias and panic attacks);
- Depression, mood dysregulation,
- Sleep and eating difficulties,
- Parenting questions and skill development,
- Relationship problems,
- Assessment needs- such as evaluations for disorders or school funding applications; IQ testing, testing for learning disorders, etc.
- Behaviour Therapy / Behaviour Support
The most common of these include:
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD);
- Specific Learning Disorders
- Autism Spectrum Disorders ( which includes the old terms of Asperger’s Syndrome, High Functioning Autism, and Autism);
- And Pervasive Developmental Disorder – Not Otherwise Specified (Genetic disorders causing developmental delay).
- Intellectual disability/ Global developmental delay
- Complex communication disorders
We have a strong belief in the training and support of psychology students. Frequently there are probationary psychologists (who are also registered with AHPRA) completing the intern/ practical/ placement experiences necessary to complete their training. All provisional psychologists are supervised by one of the fully registered psychologists. Astra King & Assoc. does offer services by these provisional psychologists at a reduced rate.
‘We acknowledge the Traditional Owners of the land on which we are gathering. We pay our respects to their Elders, past and present, and the Aboriginal Elders of other communities.’
Bookings and enquiries via 361 Consulting Suites.
You can contact us by phone on (03) 9770 6777.
Below is a map of our location: 361 Nepean Highway, Frankston 3199.